Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Re-Opened

It has been a long path to start writing here again. I have struggled with extreme paranoia after some very, very negative comments made here. Yes, I know I’m not a elite runner (never claimed to be) … yes, I am not much of a writer either (kind-of happens when you have learning disabilities) … and yes, I am pretty boring these days (and you know what – that’s the way I like it), so to anyone that cares to read this – fine and if you don’t like it … no problem!

Recently (May 7th), my life partner and I were legally married. I put it that way because in our hearts and soul (and the eyes of our higher power) we have been “married” for many years, but now – it is on paper and on the record. And how did we spend our “honeymoon” – a trip to Spokane, Washington where the following Saturday (May 14th),
I completed the Windermere Marathon! Sure, not a big deal for most, but after my physical problems (being told I should never run again), facing my mental disorders and illnesses, and just getting older … it was a big achievement for me. And more important, I ran for a reason – in honor of my life-partner’s brother that passed away from brain cancer and for my brother that was hit by a car and died. It was a very, very positive experience for me.

The training for the marathon was very time-consuming … and probably the most “selfish” thing that I have ever done for myself. I’m not one to do for myself – and I am probably one of the most guilt-ridden beings I know and an extreme worrier to boot. These are just a couple of the lesser characteristics of my mental conditions. However, “we” won’t go into that here. The long hours training compared to my earlier days when training for martial arts and kickboxing, but it was different in the fact that I did it alone for the most part. And the training served me well as I did complete the Windermere Marathon for the right reasons.

So, for now – I will try to post on occasion about my life in general and my path. Feel free to read and rip … or merely comment if you like. If it gets to be too much – I will just go into closed mode again.

Thanks for the time …

No comments:

Post a Comment